PHILOSOPHY: The Social Studies Curriculum in an Islamic school should attempt to provide experiences to the children which will integrate human knowledge and experiences for the purpose of Islamic living and citizenship education. This implies membership in the Islamic, American and other communities and a commitment to work effectively with diverse people (within the framework of Islamic laws and principles) and to understand the differences in cultures, in values and in responses to various social, political and religious issues in the light of the Qur'an and Sunnah. On the preschool level this teaching takes place in a very basic way, focused on direct interactions within the classroom. The preschool is generally the first social experience for the child outside the home.
OBJECTIVES: The entire program of preschool (nursery and kindergarten) is actually a study in social living. At this stage, emphasis should be placed upon the skills and attitudes of working and playing with each other and upon such Islamic social learning as:
• Sharing with others
• Turn-taking and waiting for turns
• Respecting the Rights of others
• Accepting the Authority of Adults
• Caring for Self
• Caring for personal and group property
• Understanding the interdependence of people
• Taking responsibility to complete an assignment
• Helping others
• Developing a positive self–image
• Respecting parents, teachers and other elders
• Being proud of their Islamic heritage
• Realizing the world “Ummah”
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
My Salah Mat
My Salah Mat is a prayer mat designed to educate children on how to perform the Muslim prayer in a fun and enjoyable way.